Need some help? Frequently Asked Questions

What is a registered financial adviser?

Mortgage People Registered Financial Advisers provide advice to individuals and small companies to help them make decisions relating to mortgages. They are required to be registered but do not need to be authorised by the Securities Commission because they only provide limited services. All Registered Financial Advisers must belong to a disputes resolution scheme and are required by law to be on the Financial Services Providers Register.

What banks and lenders do you work with?

We work with pretty much all the major lenders including ANZ, ASB, Westpac, TSB, SBS, Liberty and RESIMAC together with other specialist and second tier lenders.

How do your advisers get paid?

Our advisers are paid commission from the lender.

Do you have a disclosure statement?

Each individual adviser has a disclosure statement that they will make available to you either before or at the beginning of your initial consultation.

What is your privacy policy?

Please click here to review our privacy policy.

Who is the regulator for the mortgage advice industry?

The regulator of New Zealand’s mortgage industry is the Financial Markets Authority (FMA).

Are you a member of a disputes resolution scheme?

We are members of FSCL (Financial Services Complaints Ltd), an independent not-for-profit external dispute resolution scheme approved by the Minister of Consumer Affairs under the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act 2008.

Do you have an internal complaints process?

Yes and all complaints are swiftly attended to. Should you have a complaint or to request more information about our complaints process, please contact Glenn Christie on 09 361 0391 or email

Do you belong to a professional association?

We are members of the PAA (Professional Advisers Association) and IBANZ (Insurance Brokers Association New Zealand).

What lenders do we deal with?

ASB, ANZ, Westpac, TSB Bank, SBS Bank, Liberty, RESIMAC and a variety of second tier and specialist lenders.